Jerry Colonna (CEO of Reboot.io) joined Scott Britton and Andrei Newman on the Built by Humans podcast. Here are some key takeaways from the conversation:
- Becoming a better human is difficult because we are deathly afraid of confronting the parts of ourselves that we do not like.
- One of the biggest fallouts of not normalizing struggle is that we presume we are the only ones going through difficulty
- When you become the moviegoer and create a distance between you and your thoughts, life can be much more enjoyable.
- False grit is the ability to take the punches life throws at you and deal with them. True grit is the capacity to adapt, let things go, and surrender.
- The attempt to control the ups, downs and unexpected changes of life is a feeble exercise since we do not know whether their long-term impact will be positive or negative.